So much to catch up on, so little of it online! Most of my online thoughts have been going into Tumblr for the last ever, and if you believe that then something like 99% of what I think is reblogs. So maybe don’t believe that? Anyway, it’s totally your choice.
October of 2014 was not a good month for me. Not even a little bit. It wasn’t even that anything bad happened externally – like, there were some things, but ultimately it was just my brain saying “fuckit.” I think I can safely say it was the worst depressive crash of my life. So that was fun! Luckily, it’s also about a year and a half in the past. This blog never really recovered, though. Neither did Cowkillers’. I’m not really sure what I’m going to do about that, other than note that it is not currently online and stick it on a back burner to polish up later.
I like this blog, but after a while of not updating it starts to become this bugbear hiding in the back of my closet that is also my office. I don’t want to just let it languish, and I don’t really want to pick it up after so long without acknowledging the silence. I always worry about it becoming one of those blogs that goes like
*post about how I never post any more*
*post about how I’ll probably post something soon*
*post about how my birthday is this month so surely I’ll post something soon*
*post about how the blog isn’t dead, I swear*
*post about how I totally meant to post something like 5 times*
*post about how it’s apparently the future now and the blog hasn’t updated yet*
*i don’t even know any more (but probably more of the same)*
So instead, the blog goes like:
*link to the latest chapter of my totally ongoing webnovel*
(a year goes by)
Idano. Maybe that’s better.
So, a brief summary of life lately:
- Thanks to the help of some really wonderful friends, I now live in New Hampshire. It’s nice. I do wish I could visit my family a bit more.
- I skipped NaNoWriMo 2014, what with it occurring the month after the worst depressive crash of my life and all.
- NaNo 2015 was great. I really like the story that came out of that, even though it didn’t hit 50k.
- I have an office now. It started life as a walk-in closet and I like it a lot. There is enough floorspace that I can nap in it. I do not always mean to do this ahead of time.
- A lot of other stuff happened. There was some snow. Then there wasn’t.
- I started using Last.fm. According to that, my favorite artist of all time is Koethe, who I discovered in January. Coincidentally, I started using Last.fm in January.
Eh. That’ll do for now.
Current music: Suddenly I See, by KT Tunstall